Frequently Asked Questions
How does SkyBlue work?
SkyBlue is easy! Simply:
1. Select the form you need.
2. Enter your information using our advanced form wizard.
3. Your document is delivered instantly to your email inbox!
If you have any questions or issues, our staff is always available to address your needs.
Do I have to sign up for a subscription?
Absolutely not! SkyBlueLegal’s documents are priced individually and there are no recurring charges.
Will my information be shared with 3rd parties?
We will never share your information with 3rd parties, ever. The security and confidentiality of your information is one of our top priorities, and your information will not be sold or distributed.
Why do I need A Last Will and Testament?
- Leave a legacy. The ability to make gifts through a Last Will and Testament allows your legacy to live on. Plus, with a Testamentary Trust and Pet Protection Trust you can provide for your loved ones and pets even after your death.
- You decide how your estate will be distributed. A will is a legally-binding document that lets you determine how you would like your estate to be handled upon your death.
- You decide who will take care of your minor children. A will allows you to make an informed decision about who should take care of your minor children.
- To avoid a lengthy probate process. Contrary to common belief, all estates must go through the probate process, with or without a will. Having a will, however, speeds up the probate process.
- You decide who will wind up the affairs of your estate. Executors make sure all your affairs are in order, including paying off bills, canceling your credit cards, and notifying the bank and other business establishments.
- You can disinherit individuals who would otherwise stand to inherit. Most people do not realize they can disinherit individuals out of their will.
- Make gifts and donations. The ability to make gifts is a good reason to have a will because it allows your legacy to live on and reflect your personal values and interests.
- Avoid greater legal challenges. If you die without a will, part or all of your estate may pass to someone you did not intend.
- Because you can change your mind if your life circumstances change. A good reason for having a will is that you can change it at any time while you’re still alive.
- Because it’s always a good idea to be prepared for tomorrow. Don’t delay in getting your own today.
Why do I need a Power of Attorney?
A power of attorney (POA) is a document that allows you to appoint a person or organization to manage your affairs if you become unable to do so. However, all POAs are not created equal. Each type gives your attorney-in-fact (the person who will be making decisions on your behalf) a different level of control. When you create a POA with LegalTree, you can specify whether it should be durable or not, the financial powers you wish to grant, if any, and the health care powers you wish to grant, if any.
Why do I need an Advance Directive?
Advance care planning is not just about old age. At any age, a medical crisis could leave someone too ill to make his or her own healthcare decisions. Even if you are not sick now, making health care plans for the future is an important step toward making sure you get the medical care you would want, even if doctors and family members are making the decisions for you.
Are these forms enforceable outside of Tennessee?
Each state has its own laws regarding advance directives, powers of attorney and wills. SkyBlue’s forms have been created to comply with Tennessee law, and while they may meet the legal requirements of other states, SkyBlue makes no representation regarding the efficacy or enforceability of its forms in any other state.
If you would like to use SkyBlue’s forms and you do not reside in Tennessee, please consult an attorney regarding the use of our forms.
How long does it take to create a form? Can I save my progress?
It generally takes less than half an hour to complete any of SkyBlue’s forms. However, if you need to save your progress and finish later, you can click the “Save and Continue” button at the bottom of any form wizard. A link will be sent to the email address that you specify which will return you to the form wizard in the same place where you left off!